Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where can I buy clear coating resin & activator for jewelry making?

I use this two part clear resin [1 to1 mixture] for my jewelry making. Its the best product I use and I don't know the name of it! . It cost alot for so little.I want to buy more ...but don't know where to go......help.......thanksWhere can I buy clear coating resin %26amp; activator for jewelry making?
There are a number of brands of ';epoxy'; resin, which is what you're probably using if you're mixing it one to one (polyester resin is also two-part but those are usually mixed one small amount of catalyst to a large amount of the second part --some polyester resins are also called ';casting resins.';).





Epoxy resins can be purchased at craft stores, hobby stores, and I think at art supply stores, as well as online. Other places are ';plastics'; stores (like Tap Plastics), and one less expensive brand can be bought at many hardware stores.





Some of the brand names of epoxy resins are:





Envirotex Lite


Aristocrat Liquid Glass


Ultra-Glo


Easy Cast


Glaze Coat ( Famowood by Eclectic)... can buy at Home Depot ... 1 qt. for $13, or ...some hardware stores have it by the pint


....Lowes...also try Ace Hardware, Target, Walmart/Walgreens?





If you want to read more about both types of resin as well as how to use them, you may want to check out this page:


http://glassattic.com/polymer/other_mate鈥?/a>





HTH,





Diane B.Where can I buy clear coating resin %26amp; activator for jewelry making?
They have what I think you are wanting at www.photojewelrymaking.com
Hobby Lobby or DickBlick.com

No comments:

Post a Comment